Back To All Recipes
ORIGAMI® WRAPS SUSHI RECIPES
Short grain sushi rice
Premium grade is preferable. Recommended brands: Kagayaki, Lundberg Farms Organic Sushi Rice
1 12- ounce bottle of seasoned rice vinegar
Equipment: a rice cooker with Warm and Cook settings and rice paddle.
Recipe for 4 cups of cooked rice that will yield 8 sushi rolls.
2 cups sushi rice
¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
1. Pour rice into a standing wire mesh sieve and rinse rice with a swishing hand motion until water runs clear.
2. Fan out wet rice up sides and bottom of sieve to dry for 15 minutes.
3. Put washed and dried rice into your rice cooker at a 1:1.25 ratio of rice to water. In other words, each cup of rice gets 1 and quarter cups of water.
4. Click “Cook”. Your rice will be perfectly ready in 20-25 minutes cooking time. When the cooker automatically switches to “Warm” let rice steam undisturbed (without removing lid) for 10 minutes more. This last step will ensure perfectly textured rice.
5. When rice is finished steaming, scoop out of cooker into a large baking dish and dress rice with seasoned rice vinegar by slicing through rice with your rice paddle.
6. Return rice to cooker and leave on “Warm” setting. Your sushi rice should be used warm, and never older than 6 hours.